Discover You with Teens Unite

Hi everyone! Hope you're all well!

I know its been a while since my last blog post, but I have been so busy with work and exams which I have finally finished! I am so proud of myself for pulling through first year of my course and overcoming through leaps and bounds that I have faced this year with a new change to my life of balancing working and studying a degree at the same time.

I am so looking forward to spending the rest of my summer, relaxing and enjoying it with my friends and family. In todays post I thought I would share an amazing event called 'Discover You', I attended on 25th June in London hosted by  Teens Unite. A charity very close to my heart and have mentioned several times in my blog previously.

Discover You was an empowering and motivational event to remind us young people who have or had cancer that our lives do not stop because we have had  cancer. It was a fun and energetic day, which included motivational speeches, massages,yoga session and the best part meeting and reuniting with other young people.  As you all can imagine  having cancer was a very distressing and emotional period of my life, where as a teenager I was just finding myself who I am and just beginning to fit into secondary school  but suddenly it is ten times harder as you have a life threatening illness to deal with which puts everything on hold. It is so easy to forget when you are in remission  that you are still 'normal', what discover you reminded me was I am still me, I am still the same Kirushni with goals and aspirations but has come the other side by kicking cancer  One of the motivational speaker, Chris Lambert-Gorwyn, also a cancer survivor said in his speech ' Cancer is the best thing that has happened to him , I totally agree with him there, having cancer has made me the person I am today, given me the privilege to meet so many amazing other inspiring people and in fact inspired me to pursue a career with working with patients.





Another inspiring motivational speaker at the event, Cliff Findley, gave a speech about having positive mindset in order to achieve your goals in life and how to take small steps in order to achieve them. Personally I am one of those people who says I want to do this and that but never know how to go about doing it and end up achieving it, since meeting Cliff last summer and hearing his speeches I have  become more proactive in how to go out there and ace my aspirations. I just want to give a massive shout out to Cliff who is one incredible guy who has helped me so much these past few months when I was going through a rocky stage but gave me the motivation to kick on and never give up.

Overall it was one incredible day, and I cannot express how I came out feeling so inspired and positive about life in general. It's amazing how an event like this can bring so many young people together and have the chance to share your story as well as hear other peoples inspiring story and their goals and aspirations. I would like to say a massive thank you to Teens unite for organising Discover You, I had the best day ever.





Finally before I end this post, I would like to share with you guys a Beyonce quote I live by:' I'ma  keep running cause a winner don't quit on themselves'.

P.S I am going to see Beyonce on Saturday and I am so so excited, I have been waiting for this day forever!

Thank you for reading,

Kirushni

xxx

Comments

Popular Posts