Teens Unite Beauty Day

Hi everyone, hope you’re all well! On Wednesday 25th of June I went to a beauty day with a teenage cancer charity called Teens Unite. It runs regular fun days for teenagers just like me who are going through treatment or are in remission and it was my first time to going to one of their events as I had only recently found out about them. The event I went to was a beauty day which was held in Chelsea, London; in the morning I learnt how to professionally apply make-up with Look Good Feel Better which is a charity that provides beauty sessions to women and teenagers who previously or currently have cancer. When you have cancer, self-image and appearance is a massive issue which makes you lose confidence and feel insecure, this is because you have lost your hair and your face shape is changing due to treatment. I think Look Good Feel Better is a fantastic charity for helping young adults and women boost their self-esteem. In the beauty session they provided a goody bag full of exciting designer make-up for me to keep and they tell you how to apply each product within the beauty session. I had an absolutely amazing time with this charity and I learnt a lot of tips, especially for my dry skin which helped a lot, I would like to say a massive thank you to Look Good Feel Better and everyone involved for making me smile and for giving me my own very designer goody bag, I truly appreciate your support. I love make-up and to be given all these designer branded make-up was just WOW!

All the make up! 


In the afternoon, Teens Unite organised a beauty treatment pampering session, I had a neck, head and back massage which felt so nice and relaxing, I had never previously experienced one before and its definitely something I want to have done again. In fact, I wish I had been able to have one during treatment because it really helps you feel relaxed and stress-free so if any of you guys are going through treatment then I’d highly recommend it, or if you’re like me and you just love having a massage then these three massages are the one! I also had my nails done after my massage which was great. 




Massage :D 




I would like to say a massive, massive thank you to Teens Unite for an incredible day, you made me feel so happy and welcomed on my first day with your charity and I am looking forward to more events with you guys! It was so lovely to meet and talk to other teenagers who were in the same situation as me, I felt so reassured and happy that I am not facing everything alone. Thanks again Teens Unite.

Teens Unite Website- http://teensunitefightingcancer.org/
Look Good Feel Better Website- http://lookgoodfeelbetter.org/

Kirushni xxx

Comments

Popular Posts